Pet Travel Information


Following the UK leaving the EU on 31st December 2020 we are no longer part of the original Pet Travel scheme and Pet Passports can no longer be issued in Great Britain. Your pet will require an appointment with an ‘Official Vet’ who can then issue ‘Animal Health Certificate’ (AHC) to allow your pet to travel to an EU country and Northern Ireland. The AHC is valid for 10 days and for a single trip.

You will need a new AHC each time you travel to the EU and Northern Ireland with your pet.


Pet travel requirements from the UK to an EU Country and Northern Ireland:


1.Your pet needs to be correctly microchipped


2. Your pet needs to have been vaccinated against Rabies at least 21 days prior to their AHC appointment


3.Your pet needs to be issued with an AHC by attending an AHC appointment with a government ‘Official Vet’. This appointment need to be booked within 10 days of your departure date to an EU country or Northern Ireland.


Give us a call on 01225233727 to let us know when and where you will be travelling too. We will send you a pet travel questionnaire to fill in with the required information needed to complete your AHC. Once we have received this we will contact you to book an appointment to issue the certificate.